Friday, August 7, 2009

Already August!?!?!

Wow, this year has been flying by! It has been 11 months since I quit my job in TV and I feel like I've done more in that time than any other year of my life. The good news is I don't see myself letting up anytime soon because I am very happy right now.
I've got a new marathon training program that I'm actually thinking about following this time. Maybe if I train correctly I can run a better race. As of now there are three marathons on the calendar in the next six months. Atlanta on Thanksgiving, Memphis 10 days later, and then Houston January 17th. The plan is to run Memphis and Houston hard, maybe a Boston QT in Houston. It is a daunting task as I have to run a 7:17 pace, but I've got time to get there and plenty of things to do before then. This weekend is Mountain Lakes Sprint Triathlon, then August 22nd Age Group National Championships in Tuscaloosa, and finally the Augusta Half Ironman September 27th. Why did I sign up for that again? I'm sure I'll post a race report for this weekend, but for now I gotta run!

No comments:

Post a Comment