Friday, January 15, 2010

Houston, We Have a Problem...

This has not been the start to the season I was hoping for. The Houston Marathon was supposed to be the race I was gunning for. I was supposed run a fast race, I was going to train really hard in December and start the year of right. Then my right leg started to hurt. Then it hurt some more. Then what I thought was a shin splint didn't exactly feel like any shin splint I've ever had before. I went to the doctor yesterday, he sent me for a bone scan. Now here I am Friday afternoon, just a few hours away from flying to Houston and I still don't have any results. He suspects it is a stress fracture, but I'd kind of like to know for sure. Now I am going to Houston either way, and I'm going to do the marathon either way too. The time limit is 6 hours and it could take me 5:59:59. Worst case scenario I limp around Houston and spend some quality time with my parents, best case scenario I start with the 3:40 pace group and I finish with the 3:40 pace group. At this point I just don't know and that is frustrating. The next 2 months are very uncertain and I've got to try and be smart. That is not exactly a strength of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment