Friday, June 12, 2009

Another First

As many of you know I've sort of become a bit of an endurance athlete. "Sort of" is the key, but I have done two marathons this year so I think I fit in the lower tier of endurance athlete. That being said I'm on the eve of my first triathlon. As far as triathlons go the Buster Britton Triathlon is pretty short and easy. Finishing the race should not be a challenge, at least I hope not, but finishing in a time that makes me happy will be tough. The race consists of a 400 meter swim, 13 mile bike, then a 5k run. I must admit I'm very anxious. I've got quite a few friends who are veterans of such races, I know I cannot hang with most of them but I'm hopeful that I will be at least respectable. If all goes well tomorrow then I should have several more of these triathlons on the race schedule including a possible half Ironman in September. I'll be sure to post a full report after the race.

1 comment:

  1. Oh you've got to do Augusta!!! Congrats on a great race yesterday--you totally rocked it ;o). And, um, yes, you are definitely an endurance athlete--one marathon qualifies you as that.

    ReplyDelete