Monday, June 22, 2009

Finding Inspiration

It was a very low key weekend for me, no races, no trips, no friends visiting, just me at home. It's not like I didn't do anything. Saturday morning Colin, John, Brad and I did a nice 36 mile ride and then a 4 mile run. Colin and John can really push it and it was one of the hardest rides I've ever done. Saturday night I went to City Stages, not really to see any bands but to watch people and drink some beer, maybe too much beer. The excesses on Saturday night made the Sunday workout a little tougher. Still I managed a good swim and a pretty crappy run. Sunday afternoon I followed the progress of my friend and professional triathlete Jessica Jacobs. She was competing in the Ironman Coeur d'Alene. In the last year she has really turned up her focus and training and it has paid dividends and inspired me. While she didn't win, she did put in a great effort and set a course record in the run. Why can't I achieve that sort of thing? Oh wait I can. Here is to a great week of training because I know I can and I will!
www.justfinish.com

No comments:

Post a Comment