Thursday, October 1, 2009

31 Miles with Karnazes... probably not

The world of ultramarathons sounds really cool. A bunch of inspiring yet somewhat laid back people who just love to run. My trail running history is pretty pathetic, a few runs, the longest 10 miles. Am I ready for 31 miles? Probably not.
But ready or not this Saturday I will do the Stump Jump 50k trail run in Chattanooga. One of the cools things about this run is that it brings in some big names. Legend Dean Karnazes will be speaking the night before and running the race. It would be cool to run with him, but let's be honest, I'll be running way behind him.
Apparently, the Stump Jump race has some really cool schwag. I'm not sure what all it will include but I'm always looking forward to free stuff. I'll bring my camera and try to take some pictures... or course I usually bring the camera, just never use it. I probably should be scared of Saturday morning, or maybe Friday night and the dump of a hotel I'm staying in, but I'm not. I'm excited. I think this will be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment