Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Putting Up the Bike, Pounding the Pavement

I love the fall. The crisp air, the changing leaves, football just a few things I love about the season. But fall also marks the beginning of marathon season, at least for me it does. That means the bike will be ridden less and my running mileage should go up. Ideally I need to be doing at least 30 miles a week, that is a huge jump for me since I was only averaging about 50 miles a month over the Spring and Summer. Truth is when given the choice, I'd rather go for a ride than a run. Perhaps its because I'm better on the bike than I am the trails. Hopefully with some good weather I'll still get some rides in and I'm sure I will, but for the next five months I'll be wearing out the soles of my running shoes. It looks like I have 3 marathons on the calendar, Memphis in December, Huntsville a week later, and then Houston in January. So far my longer runs have been good and I'm optimistic. Who knows, maybe when April rolls around I won't want to get back on my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment